How to create an auto-response welcome email in MailChimp
MailChimp is an effective way to stay connected with your customers. You can send out newsletters on upcoming events, make special offers or just keep your fans informed. But, of course, customers have to opt-in to receive your newsletter.
To entice customers to sign up, you can offer a Coupon - a discount they can use now, or next time they order. It can be a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the order. You set the parameters. To set up a Coupon in Open Dining, read How to Create a Coupon.
You obviously need to have a MailChimp account to start an email campaign. If you don't have one, you can sign up here.
Follow these steps to configure your auto welcome email in MailChimp
- Log in to MailChimp.
- On the top menu, select Lists.
- Find the List that you are using in Open Dining, and select Forms. If you haven't set up your List yet, watch this video tutorial before proceeding.
- On the dropdown called Forms & Response Emails, choose Final Welcome Email
- Customize the e-mail body. Be sure to include the coupon code.
- Save the settings and you're done.
Now, when someone subscribes to your e-mail list, they will automatically receive your welcome email and a coupon code!