Tablet Workflow OverviewThis article gives a quick overview of the tablet workflow. There are many other details and scenarios involved in managing tablet orders, but this will give you a general idea of how it all works.
- Customer places an order online (or through a mobile app)
- Restaurant receives order in the Pending Orders on the tablet.
- Restaurant makes order decision:
Reject order - customer is notified through email that their order has been rejected. Workflow ends.
Adjust order - customer is notified through email that their order time has been adjusted.
Confirm order - customer is notified through email that their order has been confirmed. Proceed to #4.
- Order becomes an Active Order. Restaurant begins cooking food at an appropriate time.
- Restaurant marks food as Ready for Pick Up once the order is complete (or Out for Delivery once the courier has left).
- Customer is notified through email their order is ready and/or on its way.
- Customer picks up order (or order is delivered). Order is marked as complete.