Step 8 - Order Notifications
Order notifications are the different ways you want to receive your orders. Some restaurants select one method while others select a primary method with other methods as
Primary Order Notification Methods
- POS Integration - if you are using a POS integration, you will require additional guidance.
- Tablet software - the tablet is the preferred way to receive orders if you are not using a POS integration. It offers some additional features you cannot use with any other method of receiving orders. You can order a tablet through us (we use ELO devices) or install the software for no charge onto your own Android device.
- Order Notifier / Computer Notification - this pops up with a notification right on your computer screen. You can click the notification to see the actual order details. This must be installed on a Windows machine.
- Receipt/Ticket Printer - this allows a ticket/receipt to automatically print when an order is placed. It needs to be installed on a Windows machine and can only print to printers available within Windows. If you have a printer that you cannot seem to connect to using this, you will need additional support from your consultant.
- Fax - You can receive a fax with the details of your order every time one is placed. These will cost 10c per fax, as we use a
Secondary Order Notification Methods
There are many ways you can receive secondary notifications. The following can be set up under Settings > Receiving Your Orders:
- Phone Call
- Text Messages / SMS