Installing Order Notifier
The Order Notifier application allows you to receive orders on a Windows-based PC or Point-of-Sale system. The system requirements and prerequisites are as follows:
- Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or Greater (the install will notify if this is missing; can be downloaded from Microsoft's official website here)
- The internet must be accessible from the intended system and port 443 must be open (can test by accessing our main website here from a web browser on the intended system. If the website works, the install should work)
You will also need a restaurant and login on the Open Dining system.
You can download the OrderManagement.msi installer by clicking this link.
- Once downloaded, launch the installer.
NOTE: You will be notified at this time if you do not have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed. This can be downloaded from Microsoft's official website here.
Once installed, launch the application and proceed to log in with Open Dining credentials of a user who is an administrator for the intended restaurant.
Select the desired restaurant.
Configure the size and location of where the order details should appear. In the "Configure Size" window, you can click and drag the corners to cater to your screen.
TIP: If you toggle "Advanced", there are additional options you can set -- such as font size.
Close the "Configure" window and tap / click the on screen "Online" button. We're ready to run a local test order to ensure the appearance looks good. You'll notice an alert at the top of the window that looks as follows:
- When the alert is acknowledged, the following should appear at the location you configured in step 4.
Now we can navigate to our restaurant and place a live test order. You may do so by navigating to opendining.net, logging into your account, and choosing "Menu" in the top navigation. You'll notice a button in the lower left of the webpage that states, "Preview Menu". From here, you can place a mock order to ensure the order reaches the Order Management application.
- Ensure that the Microsoft .NET Framework 4+ is installed. (The install will notify if this is required; can be downloaded from Microsoft's official website here.)
- Check that you are running the most recent version of the application:
- Navigate in Windows Explorer to C:\Program Files\Online Ordering\Order Management (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Online Ordering\Order Management)
- Run WyUpdate.exe. NOTE: You may be prompted to close processes if the application is running.
Not Receiving Orders Through Order Notifier
Often times, the windows event logs are a great place to start.
- Run Event Viewer (Start -> Run prompt &rarr eventvwr)
- Select "Windows Logs" -> "Application" to view the Application log.
- If you notice errors associated with a Source of OrderingService, you'll want to note these and copy them into a reply for support. The date and timestamp of the event will usually coincide around the time of the order.
Still Not Working?
Please send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Restaurant's name
- The type of system the install was attempted on (POS and what type, or PC)
- Whether or not you can access https://www.opendining.net in a web browser
- Event log information, if applicable