Tablet app hardware requirements
If you're purchasing a tablet from a 3rd party (or you already have one), there are some basic hardware requirements to be aware of in order to use the Open Dining order management app for tablets. They are as follows:
- A minimum of Android v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
- WiFi-enabled and an active connection to the internet
- The Google Play store app (some Android tablets do not have this; if it's not already installed, you'll want to ensure that it can be)
- Internal or external speaker
- Bluetooth-enabled (if printing notifications to a Bluetooth printer)
If you're not sure which tablet to choose, our current recommendation is the Galaxy Tab A from Samsung.