Mapping POS & Menu Items
Once you have your menu and your POS integration set up, you will need to map the items.
To do this:
- Log in to your Open Dining account.
- From the top menu, click on Settings and select POS Settings.
- First click the Auto-Map POS Items button to have the system try to match up similar named items.
- If you have category-wide options set, you will want to do those separately. Click the Map Category-Wide Options button.
- Then go down through each item in the selected category to make sure the correct POS item is chosen for each menu item.
- Once you finish with the current category, click Save POS Values at the bottom of the page.
- Back towards the top of the page, select the next category from the Change Category dropdown list.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for each category.
- Once you have completed the mapping for the category-wide options, return to the main POS Settings screen. Complete steps 5-7 for each category.
Please keep in mind that you will need to repeat this process for any new items you add to your menu at any time. An easy way to do this (or to check your mappings at any time) is to follow our instructions for reviewing the unmapped report.