How do I setup a Fundraiser using the Donations feature?
Paytronix Online Ordering allows you to collect donations from guests who order online.
General Information on this Feature
Things you can do:
- You can provide information about the charity you are collecting donations for,
- You can set specific donation amounts,
- You can send the guest a coupon if they donate a specific amount, and
- You can allow the guest to enter their own amount for donation.
Things you cannot do:
- Collect a certain % of the order as a charity donation,
- Send coupons for donation amounts that are manually entered by the guest, or
- Set up a different Donation configuration for different locations within one merchant.
Here is how you can setup this Donations feature.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Paytronix Online Ordering account
- Navigate to the Merchant level (if you are not brought there by default, you can click on the word "Merchant" toward the top right, to the left of your restaurant location dropdown menu)
- Go to Settings > Donations
- Check the Enable box and you will see the full set of fields
- In the Help Message field, fill in some information about the cause.
- If you want to set up specific amounts for people to donate, set them up in the Amounts section, and click Add Amount to add more.
- The Select a Coupon dropdowns are optional and do not need to be filled out.
- If you do want to send your guests a coupon when they donate a certain amount, you would do that by selecting a coupon from the dropdown next to the amount you want to encourage them to donate. You must already have a coupon configured in merchant-wide coupons.
- If you want to allow the guest to type in their own amount, check the Allow Amount Field checkbox.
Please note that if you are providing a coupon for one of the pre-selected amounts, you may not want to allow guests to manually enter an amount. You could end up in a situation where someone manually donates more than the amount that should have qualified them for a coupon, and then you would have to handle it manually if they were upset about it.
- Click Save Settings and you are done!
- If you want to check on the status of Donations at any time, at the Merchant level, click on Reports > General Reports, and you can see information on Donations:You can also see information on Coupon Usage for the coupon you hand out with this feature so if that is important to you, you might want to make sure to use a unique coupon that isn't used anywhere else.