Troubleshooting Tablet Issues
Troubleshooting Tablet Issues
#1- The print button is missing on the orders.
Cause: The printer is not configured on the tablet. Someone using the tablet may have accidentally pressed the 'Reset settings' button in Settings > Printer, or something else caused the settings to be cleared.
Solution: Inside of the Open Dining app on the tablet go to Settings > Printer and re-enter your printer settings. (example below; your settings will be different)
#2 - Orders are not printing from the tablet.
A) Printer is not configured in Open Dining app,
B) Printer is configured in Open Dining app but has error,
C) Printer has issue.
A) Check #1 above to make sure printer is configured.
B) If printer is configured does a 'Test Print' work? Also check Settings > Connection in Open Dining tablet app to see any possible errors. Do you see: 'Printer Error (Star): Failed to open port'?
If you do see an error then uninstall Open Dining app from Google Play App Store, reboot tablet, then reinstall Open Dining app from Google Play App store, reconfigure printer, and re-test. Is the problem resolved?
C) You may want to try power cycling the printer. There should also be a way to do a self test on the printer to ensure it's working properly. This depends on the make/model of the printer but an example for a Star SP700 series would be:
With the printer OFF, hold down the FEED button on the front and turn the printer ON. Once you turn the printer on you can release the FEED button after about 2-3 seconds and the printer should print a configuration/self test print out.
#3 - Tablet is frozen or unresponsive.
Solution: Soft reset with hardware keys
A soft reset is a simulated battery removal. This is used to power a device off when the screen is frozen or unresponsive and the device it has an internal battery that cannot be removed. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device.
Press and hold the Power and Volume down key for up to 45 seconds to force a restart.
#4 - I'm having a lot of problems with the tablet I want to perform a MASTER RESET to default manufacturer settings
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card. There are few scenarios that require this action but sometimes it is needed.-
If the device menus are frozen or unresponsive, or you just want to wipe the slate clean you can master reset using hardware keys.
The below procedure will delete ALL your data on the tablet. If you want to keep anything then make sure to back it up.
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Samsung Galaxy Tab A logo screen displays, release all of the keys, the press and quickly release the Power key
- 'Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds, then a 'No command' Android will appear before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until 'Yes -- delete all user data' is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.