Step 5 - Payment Setup
Open Dining currently offers 4 different payment options:
- Pay in Person (upon collection of food)
- Credit Card Payments (prepaid online)
- LevelUp Payment App (prepaid online)
- Gift Cards (Mercury/Vantiv or World Gift)
You can choose to use one, two, three, or even all four options at once.
Pay in Person is on by default. If you set up a payment gateway for credit card prepay, you will have options to turn Payment in Person off or to limit it to orders under a certain amount. This is all done under Settings > Order Payment.
If you are using our payment processing, it is a very short and simple app. Follow these instructions here and you will be on your way to collecting payments in just a matter of minutes.
Payment Gateways (external Credit Card processing)
Most restaurants allow their customers to pay online with a credit card. In order to do this, you need to be set up with an ecommerce payment gateway. You can use our processing for no additional monthly charge (aside from the regular transaction costs). See our rates/fees.
Or, you can pay an integration fee to use one of the gateways we can integrate with. Which payment gateways do we support?
Some of the things to keep in mind are:
- You almost always need a separate gateway account from your in-house/swipe account for online/ecommerce purchases. So, whether you stick with your current gateway or not, you will still likely need to set up a new account.
- Online/ecommerce rates are usually a bit higher than in-house/swipe accounts due to security and other configuration differences.
- Setting up a new account with a 3rd party vendor can take several days or even more than a week, so it is a good idea to get this rolling as soon as possible.
Once you have your gateway account created and are ready to integrate it into your online ordering system, follow this article.
Other Online Payment Methods
If you use LevelUp mobile payments, you can allow people to pay at the time of placing their order using their LevelUp account. To accept orders via LevelUp, look at this article.
To set up your gift card account, navigate to Settings > Gift Cards and fill in the relevant information.
Now you are ready to accept your choice of payments. Time for Step 6.