Offering a Coupon to Build Your Mailing List
With Open Dining you have the option to allow customers to redeem coupons on food orders. In fact, you can drive traffic to your site thru email marketing.
A great way to drive e-mail newsletter subscriptions is to offer an instant coupon to new subscribers.
If you haven't already configured your MailChimp settings within Open Dining, please do that first.
First, you should set up a coupon in Open Dining with whatever discount you want to offer. For example, you could offer $5 off to new subscribers. Be sure to remember the coupon code; we’ll need it later when setting up MailChimp.
Within MailChimp, we need to configure your Welcome E-mail so that the new subscriber receives the coupon code.
- Log in to MailChimp
- On the top menu, select Lists
- Find the List that you’ve set up in Open Dining, and select Forms
- On the dropdown called “Forms & Response Emails,” choose Final “Welcome” Email
- Customize the e-mail body, be sure to include the coupon code
- Now, when someone subscribes to your e-mail list, they’ll automatically receive your coupon code!