Troubleshooting Focus Integrations
This article will you help you troubleshoot the following Focus issues:
- Errors on printouts
- Items are missing / not printing out (or printing to the wrong printer)
- Taxes are not matching
- Future/Advance orders are not printing
There are 2 basic errors you might see on your Focus checks. They both are very similar looking.
| ERROR ERROR ERROR
PRICE NOT FOUND
ERROR ERROR ERROR
| ERROR ERROR ERROR
ID NOT FOUND
ERROR ERROR ERROR
The first thing to know is that there is no reason to panic. The check still shows you exactly what is on the order. It is merely a (very loud) warning that something does not match up right. You can take a picture of the check / receipt and email it to help@opendining for us to look into, or you can follow the guidelines below to determine the issue:
Price not found
The price not found error is very simple. The menu item in Paytronix Online Orderinghas a different price assigned to it than the item it is mapped to in Focus. Simply determine which one has the price that needs to be corrected and update it. You should not see this issue again for this item.
ID not found
The ID not found error can have a few different causes:
- It is possible that the item is simply not mapped. To check for unmapped items, follow our instructions on viewing your unmapped report.
- Perhaps you have edited the ID field on that Focus item since we last exported your menu to our system. You can change the Remote Name, Check Name and Menu Name at any time, but it is better to not change the ID field of an item connected to our system.
- Sometimes, you might see that the item is mapped and it has not changed. These situations might be a little trickier. Usually it has to do with a special character or extra space in the ID field. These can be addressed by upgrading to the most current version of Focus or removing them from the ID field.
This concludes the information you need to fix those Focus errors. If you find other scenarios or need assistance determining the root cause of an error you have received, please contact us at email@example.com.
There are two things you will want to check here:
1) What printer group is set for the item? Make sure that is set to an appropriate group.
2) Does that printer group have a printer assignment set for the Online location? (Go to Locations > Locations / Select the Online location from the Left / Click on the Printer Assignment tab, and make sure that the printer group is linked to the appropriate printer)
On occasion, you may see a mismatch of sales tax from Paytronix Online Ordering to Focus (and possibly with in, a price adjustment with no price error). There are a few things you can look at to get to the bottom of this:
- First, does the sales tax in Focus (Order Entry > Taxes) match that in your General Settings page on Paytronix Online Ordering?
- Next, do you have certain menu items that are *not* taxed (some locales for instance do not tax cold food or certain beverages). If so, please make sure that your menu items in Paytronix Online Ordering are set up to not be taxed (Setting Up Non-taxed Items).
- if you are using coupons, make sure that your *Online Coupon* item is set up properly and matches the way your taxes are set up on the actual coupon in your ODN online ordering system.
- If you have a Delivery Fee, make sure that it is either taxes or not taxed in both Focus and Paytronix Online Ordering (Settings > Delivery Settings). If it is being taxed in one system but not the other, that is likely the source of your problems.
If you have "Allow Advance Orders" checked on the General Settings page, you will want to make sure that Focus is set up to handle these orders properly.