Enabling Trace Logging for POS Integrations / Apps
In some cases, we may need to get detailed logs from your system. To get the highest level of detail, we'll need to enable trace logging.
This will produce a log file, which can then be emailed to our support team.
- Download the following file onto the computer: NLog.config
- If you prefer, you can copy and paste the "Trace Logging" file below
- In Windows file explorer, browse to the base directory for the application
- For the POS / Printer Service, this is usually C:\Program Files\Online Ordering\POS Integration for Online Ordering or C:\Program Files (x86)\Online Ordering\POS Integration for Online Ordering
- For the Order Management application, this is usually C:\Program Files\Online Ordering\Order Management or C:\Program Files (x86)\Online Ordering\Order Management
- In that directory, there should be an existing NLog.config file
- Copy the new NLog.config file into the directory, replacing the existing file
- Restart the app or service in question to enable the new log settings
- Reproduce the issue in question, to generate a log file
- The log file will be located at C:\online_log.txt
- Email the log file to Paytronix Order & Delivery support
- After the error is resolved, trace logging should be disabled to avoid creating very large files. Repeat the above process with this file: NLog.config
- If you prefer, you can copy and paste the "Normal Logging" file below